Chicken Satay

CHICKEN SATAY



Howdy my friends.
When I make chicken satay or satay dishes, I always remembered my happy times at new year's eve, almost every new year's eve I made this menu. Eat satay with a glass of beer, yummy.....it's very VERY delicious.

Have you ever tried to make satay without peanut sauce ? it's simple and quick you know, and the taste of chicken satay is more original. You could just cut the chicken meat into 2cm squares and marinade with simple seasonings for 2 hours or maybe you could marinade a day before and keep it in the refrigerator. After that just prepare skewers and grill it.

For the marinade seasonings, is purely from my silly and lazy idea lol cause sometimes I just want to make it simple and delicious, but fortunately every time I experimented with something, hmmm.. specially there is connection with food ok, the result is always nice and satisfying or maybe this is called a natural talent but I don't think so lol, I'm pretty sure I just got lucky that's all, LUCK could bring a good result.

For the process of grilling you can use the burner grill or charcoal grill but I prefer to use charcoal grill, although use charcoal grill is more complicated then burner grill but somehow grilling with charcoal will produce more tasty chicken satay, I don't know if this is just my feeling or what but that's a fact. Maybe you guys have an opinion about this ? hopefully, there is an expert of you could explain in more detail about this, because I'm also curious is it just me or not.

By the way, you could substitute peanut sauce with a more simple condiment, such as sweet soy sauce mix with little bit lemon juice, sliced the red shallot and chopped chili then stir until mix well,that's it very simple right.

Ohhh one more thing before we discuss about the ingredients and recipe, I would like to tell you it's better using chicken meat from thigh part,cause it's chewier but this is just a matter of taste ok ? There is still FREEDOM of CHOICE lol.


ANNND

here the recipe, Happy cooking.







Ingredients :

  • 2 lb chicken meat
  • 1 cup sweet soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dark mushrooms soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoon honey
  • 1/2 cup cooking oil
  • 40 thin bamboo skewers (estimated)

Directions :

  1. Cut chicken meet into dice about 2cm squares
  2. Combine Seasonings : Put 1 cup sweet soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon dark mushrooms soy sauce, 3 tablespoon honey, 1/2 cup cooking oil into a bowl and mix well.
  3. Then marinade chicken meat with combined seasonings about 2 or 3 hours (put in the refrigerator)
  4. After marinade process, place chicken meat on bamboo skewers.

Methods :

  1. Heat your grill and grill chicken meat until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 3 or 4 minutes per side, remove and serve,



Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »