Crispy Pomfret

CRISPY POMFRET






Best Fishing Day!!! 

Three days ago my husband and his friends doing his fishing trip and they bring home a lot of fish from that fishing trip, there are pomfret, grouper, eel and still much more types of fish that I don't know the name, so sorry cause I'm not a fisherman. So I choose pomfret fish for my next cooking, this time, i borrow my mother in law recipe book. After my "hunting" at my mother in law recipe book, I choose one and this is the greatest way to cook this pomfret fish.

And.....




It's just simply deep fried LOL and of course with some marinade seasonings before we deep fry this pomfret fish. Later on, in the future if I've found a few recipes for processing pomfret fish, surely I will update it or maybe you could send me a recipe and I will accept it gracefully.


Actually, my mother in law want to steam this fish but at that day, there are several herbs that are out of stock and those herbs are very important for steamed recipe it would be awful without that magic herbs. I forgot what herbs is that but i will ask if I met her again. 


But for now, let's cook with this simple, quick, delicious method.


What are you waiting for ??? LET"S GO!!!!



UPDATE : Perhaps you missed our eel recipe, here is the Stir Fried Eel With Celery recipe



Ingredients :




  • 1 pomfret (about 1 1/4 lb)
  • 4 bakery garlic
  • 2 red peppers
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  •  4 1/2 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 3 oz. cornstarch
  • 6 cup oil
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 piece sour ginger
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon M.S.G
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon tomato catchup

Directions :

  1. Clean pomfret contents, remove bones from back, squeeze water out with a towel.
  2. Cut fish meat square, mix 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon M.S.G, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and  1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, stir and coat fish meat.
  3. Mix sugar and vinegar juice : Mix 4 tablespoon sugar, 4 tablespoon vinegar, 4 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon tomato catchup, 1/2 teaspoon salt in the bowl and stir well.
  4. Chop bakery garlic, sour ginger, 1 red pepper and garlic.
  5. Shred cabbage carrot, 1 red pepper and mix well.

Methods :

  1. Heat oil in the deep fry fish which is teeped in yolk and dry cornstarch for 7 minutes, remove. Heat oil and deep fry fish again until golden brown, remove and set in serving plate.
  2. Add sugar vinegar juice, bakery garlic,sour ginger, red pepper and garlic chops to cornstarch paste, pour 1/2 tablespoon oil into a paste, set in the saucer for dipped serving.
  3. Garnish with cabbage, carrot, red pepper and parsley.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »